#653 |

The Soccer World Cup
    Or as people in America call it ” The Huh? what?”

Any followers?

Who is going to win?

• Tanthalas
    Participant
    #654 |

well im chearing for Team USA untill they inevitably get eliminated… then I supose I will chear for England, and when they get eliminated I suppose I will just quit watching it =P

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #657 |

I hear it is a form of entertainment where two teams constisting of alot of people, kick around a ball made out of goat bladder or some other popular skin material. Idea is to get the ball to the large fishing net on the opponent’s side. There are rules in place so that people don’t cheat or hack their way to victory, although I dont know if anybody is examining what the people involved use for endurance providing sustenance.

Cheaters are not banned for life, oddly. They simply sit or stand on the side looking disappointed. Some of those people make a living that way, simply by kicking the leather ball to the net on the opponent’s side. That’s all there is!

Stop working right now and get yours too!

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #663 |

i take it Team Finland arent in it?

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #665 |

Sarcasm aside, tried to check some sites if it is but I seriously doubt that we have a team that could’ve gotten that far. The joke above was aimed at myself more, really… a total bambi in football, sadly 🙂

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #666 |

Starts in 30mins!

• Tanthalas
    Participant
    #787 |

*stops watching the worldcup* what Team USA is eliminated in the first round of knockouts… Disgusting… Someday the US will actualy manage to win this thing, at that point I will actualy watch matches past the round of 16… and dont even get me started on England…

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #788 |

I think most of the interest from the US now died

• admin
    Keymaster
    #799 |

It’s pretty much the same with all sports. If your team isn’t in it most people lose interest. Then again much more people watch the Super Bowl than watch American football the rest of the year.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #825 |

Brazil were taken out back and beaten!

• Ev
    Keymaster
    #839 |

It makes me feel slightly better that the US only lost 1-0 to Germany. Still wish we had gone further, but in the end it’s not the biggest deal.

Now a hockey world cup…

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #843 |

Just remember an American team will win the World Series in baseball this year if that makes you feel better

• Ev
    Keymaster
    #844 |

If it ain’t the Mariners…

well…

that would be exactly what I expect.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #847 |

Argentina through to meet Germany

• Tanthalas
    Participant
    #850 |

If germany wins by as large a margin as I somewhat expect atleast the USMNT can say that they would have made the Final in any other bracket…

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #868 |

Best pic i say said

Last time Germany did this much damage, Hitler was in charge

LOL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.