• Darka
    Keymaster
    #1914 |

What is the best gear to start PvP at 60?
    Im going in fresh on my Vigilence Guardian.
    Only really done the low level pvp in the past which i have enjoyed but not focused on since 12x xp

any tips?

• Que
    Participant
    #1915 |

First of all, you need the maximum expertise you can get.

The highest rating on Non PVP gear you can use (to get the maximum bolster) is 162.
    The best place to outfit is Corporal Daz in the Supply section of the fleet.
    Replace everything with 162. Don’t have anything with expertise (even the Chrystal for your shield or light saber)
    On the bridge deck of the Gav Daragon is a PVP training area. If you click on the Bolserizer it will show you what your Bolstered stats are.
    You’ll have around 1500 to 1700 expertise. This is enough to do any warzone with a decent group. In an arena you would probably get destroyed.
    Use your comms to get (I think for a Vigilance Guardian) Vindicator armor. Get the armor first (for the bonus).

Other than expertise the stats are the same as PVE.

Maximum expertise is 218

Hint:
    If you have another Alt with Comms you can transfer them by buying Warzone Commendation Grants from “Corr PVP items” in the Combat area beside the terminal and transfer them using your legacy cargo hold.

• Charlie
    Participant
    #1918 |

Basically you want gear that is rated below the entry level pvp gear for the wz bolster. So in the new expansion you will want whatever is lower than the entry level pvp gear rating in that case. I would try to get the 2018 expertise bolster as a substitute for pvp. Get the relics first as they are exclusively activated for pvp then i would get set bonus then everything else is kind of whatever and i would not worry about min maxing until you have 174 gear since gear is extremely easy to get now. And then you will want to augment your gear with power augments for vig and you might want alacrity for master strike as well. Once you are in 174 gear with augments and fully min maxed with whatever mods and enhancements you want you should do really well in warzones. The guild meets on Sunday nights to discuss pvp at 8:30 pm est. idk if that time works for you but that is when we traditionally do pvp as a guild. The nice thing about pvp gear is when the expansion comes out you will still have expertise so your gear is not totally irrelevant.

• Charlie
    Participant
    #1919 |

Crit does not do much for dps in pvp since many of your passive abilities already give u crit

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #1920 |

Will check out the vendor on the fleet!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.