• Darka
    Keymaster
    #1946 |

SWG Latest EMU Server

http://www.swglegends.com/

The latest in the SWG emu line is a NGE version of the game, taken from the leaked soruce code it seems very stable and having had a quick blast around on it, i ave enjoyed myself so far just trying to remember what to do half the time or what ability or spec there was.

Now that a few of us have toons please list your toon names here
    [b]Darka[/b]
    [b]Moraj[/b] Darka Ent
    [b]Quecmas Magnon[/b]
    [b]Quector Magnon[/b]
    [b]DeBelem[/b]
    [b]Preying Mordeus[/b][i]Prim[/i]

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Darka.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Darka.
  • Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1957 |

I didn’t even know about this, very interesting indeed. The new devs can even do new stuff and hopefully have features like in the final months of Swg – planetary starfighter flight.

One slight problem – I never owned a physical version of the game, I bought the downloaded version. This resurrrection seems to demand some sort of physical edition.

Any advice how to get started?

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #1958 |

No, you just need a copy of the game on your system, i believe.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1959 |

I see, there could be a problem – all three installations from this pc and the two laptops are gone ages ago. The last installation I cleaned out last spring, preparing one of the laptop for the recycling process…

Is there any way of obtaining those installed files or do I have to get hold of an installation disk set somehow?

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1960 |

Is it illegal to transfer those installation files? Tried looking from the interwebs but there was no topic about packed up installation files. Of course, modern games install their files in more then one location, so it would be hard to get all of them I suppose.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #1961 |

I think you can transfer them, most however just downloaded the game from various pirate related sources i believe

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1972 |

Hard to find stuff it seems… would really love to check it out. Can we continue speaking about this in TS sometime, I wouldn’t post any trnt related stuff here if these would come as search results in gogle.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1973 |

Nevermind, the force provided an answer after a short meditation process.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #1976 |

Have you jumped on?

• Baron DeBelleme
      Participant
      #1978 |

Yep, been logged in twice. The best thing so far has been… the Elder Robes, I never was able to have during Swg! *maniacle laughter* At last!

Been more active in the forum so far, real life has been too hectic for a longer stay. Looking forward to playing more of course 🙂

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #1980 |

Yeah been crazy busy myself recently, so only been able to ju,p in twice too
    Not sure what the futurue of SWG Reborn is. but its nice to explore areas.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2002 |

Alright – Make no mistake, this is the real deal, no emu crap which lacks all space content. It is the real damn deal. Once the test center stage is over, we get to restart for real. Some account and char limitations will probably be changed as well as instance cooldowns and so forth.

What is even better imo, is that there will be just the one server. All farstars from stristriders to ol’ chilastra, people from all timezones tucked in the same server. Never a server sleep period with this method.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2004 |

Been busy moving house. but will log in for a bit again this week!

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2010 |

Been a heap of drama surrounding this sadly, a 90min dev rant has been leaked about the reborn issues

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2039 |

Drama over. At least the stuff that went overboard earlier. Now back on track and devs with the capabilities to pull it off, are holding the reigns. A TC3 style thing is now online, has no frogs thought so some amount of grind is expected. Xp and credit mission daily limits of 10 have been maxxed out at 1337 or something similar. Launch of Live version comes after bugbashing.

So far so good.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2128 |

Swg Reborn was canned and continues under new leadership as Swg Legends. Their website is at http://www.swglegends.com/index.php

Register there if intrigued to have a go at Swg.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2129 |

Last time i checked they had the testing server up with the frogs

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2484 |

And there it is, live state of Swg will be available on 26th of feb. The counter can be found in the forum root of Swg Legends -site. Here is the announcement itself, the devs have been busy it seems. Last time I played, many things listed in the ennouncement didn’t work at all. Tansarii was disabled and so forth… but not anymore.

Sadly, 26th is when I am not around. Working further away from home nowdays.

Here is the link: http://www.swglegends.com/forums/showthread.php?1956-Project-Announces-Live-State

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2490 |

I am away that weekend too, but will check it out when im back

• Primordius
    Participant
    #2499 |

I have been following the progress and looks like most of the drama has drawn down to a minimum, and have made alot of positive progress in the last month or so. I was on for a bit most of the Tansari Station was working cept a couple quest and the infamous missing black sun ships in space. LoL

The game seems to run pretty smooth but expect alot of server lag on tatooine if you are new to the NGE single machine experience as they are not using VirtualMachine’s to handle area/planet loads like it was designed for with a huge cluster of servers under SoE’s bankroll.

-My current char is “Preying Mordeus” Bounty Hunter
    -Forum Name = techlord

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2500 |

TS for the project is TS1.SWGLEGENDS.COM:50015

Devs and players can be found there and like Prim mentioned, this could be alot worse but actually, at least when I am logged in during writing of this post all the guys talk is bearable.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2501 |

Yeah the drama was pretty bad for a little bit, put a lot of people off before it started

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2503 |

Dramatic voices have quieted down alot as people have a game to play. Nobody can argue with a working Swg, which game feels like the way it was in 2011. The missing things are TCG (that card game), which loot items will be implemented through other means, and atmospheric flight.

Devs are workin on bazaars as those seem to be problematic. Player vendor NPCs work as intended. It is also considered that Bazaars will be left out completely.

Tansarii is not accessible as tutorial area as something was still causing bugs, but will be fixed.

I have played it during two evenings now, being whitelisted slows down the start by 2 hours – 1 day (depending how quickly devs can go through the support tickets). It feels good, perhaps more fluid then before on some things. Also with the PCs we have nowdays, the game will run better… I turned on all shadows and candy sliders heh…

I did a bit of piloting too, because of xp bonus that and ground xp comes quicker. I am playing through the legacy and because of that bonus, it is too easy. The bonus xp ends soon luckily… might end up spending time in space to get most out of it, as space was such a grind at times anyways.

An interesting note is that the game has a special sort of challenging or ‘re-building’ feel to the galaxy, because there is not much of a player run economy yet. I know of a few shipwrights through Legends’ TS and other crafters, so the way is pointing upwards for economy. Thing is, people are not having the best of everything at hand right now so lightsabers and most things crafted, will not be top notc and capped right away. At least I think that this is a special moment as all things will be capped in a short while, so this start will be an interesting time to play. I suspect that in 1-2 months, vendors will start to have almost all good resoruces for all things and then the capped stuff begins to roll in. I’m just saying that I like diversity in gear right now 🙂

I mean, some people are using a stormlords sword and other stuff instead of their lightsaber simply because it can actually compete with the dps, and it’s the same with weapons. All this of course can be seen in vendor prices which might be a little too expensive, but then again some traders have realized that there are not many millionaires / billionaires in-game right now. If a player uses their ONE-time ‘level-up to 90’ token holo on a combat toon, I don’t remember which was the best credit source (perhaps the nightsister grind), but for a starting cl/lv toon it might be the space combat. A good tip for returning vets at this point is to use the lv90 token on a crafter as there is not enough mats to do the craft grind to lv90. Combat toons can be leveled more easily at this point because of the server xp buff which is up right now, and ent xp buff and then there was some claimable xp buff item which I didn’t claim yet.

So… all seems fine right now. Players cities are being built already, I heard someone is able to max out their crafting tools already too. The pace will increase on a daily basis, the old Swg vets are a crazy grindy bunch as they rummage through the planets with their sampling tools 😀

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2512 |

1 time level up token?
    Very handy!
    That is one thing that has put me off a little, the regrind

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2514 |

Yessir, that was one of the hot topics in Reborn forum – people wanted free 90s but purists refused to budge. I and many others stood by a middle road and wanted it as optional choice so those who want to be cl90 asap, can choose to be so, all the while those who didn’t wish for any helping handouts can choose not to use the option. Implementation was another question and this token thing seems to be the best way to pull it off.

Be careful with which character you accept the hologram as claim, it is just one time claim and is no-trade item. Currently the levels seem to come very quickly, I don’t remember ever being cl30 while still doing Tatooine stuff around Watto’s. Granted, I flew some space missions and did all side quests I could find, but still… I could’ve sworn I was always closer to cl18 when I got around to Naboo. Then again, maybe my memory fails this time.

Be sure to do the ip4.me to get your own IP and go to the support forum (private threads, you can only see tickets made by yourself) and make a ticket where you wish your IP to be added to Whitelist.

We get 4 character slots / account, and just one account per player is ever granted. That slot amount might increase later, but we’ll see.

Hm what else… TCG items will be available through some kind of black market vendor, maybe they already are. Elder robes etc will be available as well but I haven’t been following what the current way of obtaining will be. I hope it is new or altered content for Jedi.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2516 |

what is the IP issue?

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2517 |

There is no issue, but a form of keeping up the rule of one account / player, I suppose. More in the forum, I just followed it through to get some action in Swg heh

• Primordius
      Participant
      #2518 |

Actually the whole IP thing happened when they got malicously attacked (DOSdd) etc… And updated the server to help against future attacks and the IP whitelist is so they can track registered accounts and keep out unwanted traffic.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2557 |

Reporting in from SWGL,

The stability has improved along the months quickly enough so we are able to enjoy most parts of the game already. Few people have been able to beocme Ace pilots already even though space has been turned off as a suspect cause in server crashing every now and then. But space is on, crafting is on, player cities with shuttlerports and city bonuses are on, all classes are being played, some are even running heroics already. Lack in stability has made some of these chores hard to pull off without interruptions.

I currently have 3 lv90 crafters (one of which is my combat toon but will respec back when I have more time to do more combat), with which I am gathering resources and building up a stockpile. I haven’t joined as a guild yet but I joined a crafter city of Enterprise on Naboo to be able to get the city bonus in crafting, and it’s always fun to see people doing their chores. Personally I have not done combat above cl43 yet, not much time to do games. Daughter is 8 months old now and all this family stuff takes alot of time. Therefore the only thing I can currently do is go around planets, scanning, sampling and placing harvesters, to build a stockpile. I can cap Heavy harvesters currently, although those are mineral hungry bastards. I have all types of factories up apart from foods, and if we turn up as a guild into the game, I’ll gladly share all factories for all to use.

Mustafarian bunkers are available after having been regiestered 1 month in the game, so having a house as a store stops being an issue at that point. Currently and for a few days, there is a 4x server buff for xp, tokens, gcw gained, sampling rates, harvesting rates and pretty much everything. This speeds up the process alot.

I will probably being sending mails to a few old -DoP- / -FA- friends now that the time feels right for all to bother with the game. It was too unstable before… even for me the window to get throught he login server was too narrow and I wasn’t able to log in every evening at all. The problem still is around but is much smaller. The login server (different from game server) goes to ‘Loading…’ status every now and then, which is when the admins will either reset it quickly or they tell to wait for a min or two. It changes status and then everybody goes in quickly 🙂

Due to these problems I registered to SwgL Discord. I dislike the program still, I will never use it voluntarily until it actually is better then Teamspeak. But it is the only place which gets server status updates and is a quick channel to let support know of a missing NPC or other problems. They fix things rather quickly too, although the peak efficiency is at USA evenings. All good however.

So there… if there are any defenders still interested in ol’ boy Galaxies, it’s up and playable now. Legacy and all of it, for a person with enough time on their hands. For possible ToR members of ours, if you have red this far, SWG is quite a different game which might seem crude after newer MMOs which look like Skyrim in detail 😀 You are of course more then welcome to join up, this game takes place in the world very much familiar to us all Star Wars fans and you might see familiar faces. It is such a shame Tansarii Point Station is turned off right now… you would get to work with good man Han and few other familiar voices 🙂

Going to write more if something worthwhile turns up.

• Grax
    Participant
    #2558 |

oooo I can dust off my awing again??? Back to grinding starmap toons looking for the all elusive High speed level 8 engine. Might have to create a architect/shipwright to create my custom RE gear and ship hulls. I practically lived in space or did quests for space content. But I did occasionally land and function as a medic/beastmaster with fang my mutant kitty I killed countless krayt dragons with him lol.

• Grax
    Participant
    #2559 |

Interestingly enough the swg game disks I bought from amazon came in on Friday. So I have finally got it up and running again even rolled a toon as my old namesake Graxul Starweaver as a smuggler atm. I need to research a bit though there is a lot of stuff I forgot about the ground game all I really remember is medic and beastmaster stuff vaguely but I remember all the blind spots in space still lol. But I will need to get a structures crafter for ship hulls. And I need to find out where the three rebel squadrons are.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2560 |

As a suggestion, some useful links in the Swg Legends’ website:

– Create a username, knowing that it is the name that will show up in your forum posts. More importantly, that user name will be the login username in the client program.

– If you have forgotten everything or most of the stuff about the game, eye through https://www.swglegends.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?25-Guides-Hints-Tips&s=9c740b693b8e7d9f8db50a08fee66c3a

– Re-connect with old friends at https://www.swglegends.com/forums/showthread.php?78-What-server-are-you-from
    as many users have let themselves be known in there. Keep in mind that all those different server SWG had, are no longer and we only have Imega server. So people from all servers from Live days are living in the same box this time. This means some names might be familiar but it might be a person from a completely different Live times’ server. But ask away, you will soon find familiar names, friends and enemies. Finding even old enemies feels great, this time around everyone is more tolerant (to some degree) in communicating and even asking for ideas or help. I found some Chilastra folks a long while ago, Nitro and his Restuss Police Department (RPD) is in SwgL although not in full numbers.

– SwgL doesn’t use Team Speak anymore sadly. I’ve had to register and download Discord -application at https://www.swglegends.com/chat/
    This is where SwgL community meets even though all have their own TS and other voice over communication systems. Personally I dislike it but I also like to keep an eye on #serverstatus chat to know ETAs and wether the login server is up or down. It is down alot so having a quick information channel is prudent. You can also use the interweb explorers version of discord but that browser version is very very choppy and uncomfortable to use. I didn’t like the idea of having to register but there it is… a quick tip, give Discordapp admin rights, otherwise the speaking button will not work in-game. (I log in all three characters at once and this doesn’t help so the Discord sucks stuff hard at times).

– Read about the classes and learn at https://www.swglegends.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?24-Professions which will bring back memories how things went and maybe they offer even new ideas.

• Grax
    Participant
    #2561 |

I never really had enemies per say mostly just hard core rivalries where we liked talking smack against each other lol. But in the events we set up each week we’d be all business so mostly just enemies during the event. Though during an event I’d have several oppies going after me in my awing and it was very much a missile magnet so I mostly played as a decoy while the rest of my team went after the objective.

• Grax
    Participant
    #2562 |

OK Arkhon’s Havok Squadron is the Rebel pilot squad to go with that I remember from my memory. A large part of that was this: https://www.swglegends.com/forums/showthread.php?400-Black-Sun-Helmet-guide

You can access the duty mission by using any reb squadron but as arkhon’s havok you also get actual missions squaring off against black sun. Back in the day those black sun helmets went for quite a bit especially to non pilots. Not sure if they will go for similar amounts in SWG Legnds but it is a nice little bonus as well as decorative flair you can get while normally killing stuff to just look for RE worthy gear.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2564 |

For squadron details, the wikia is still accurate and up, have a look at http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Squadron

Each time you complete a squadron, you get xp bonus to make learning the next one faster. What I don’t remember is, does the bonus apply even when changing faction and doing those squadrons. We will see I guess. But now is the right time to do that grind as the 4x server xp buff will reduce to the need to grind anything immensely.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2565 |

I will get on the updating and install this weekend!

• Grax
    Participant
    #2567 |

http://www.swgalaxies.net/gettingstarted/pilot/index.htm

Basically you get the space xp bonus for completing one squadron of rebel, privateer and imp so you get up to a 4x bonus by doing so.

Missions, XP, and Training

Pilot training isn’t necessarily granted each time you fill your xp box, nor is it always necessary to have xp to train a new skill. At some tiers, advancement is based solely on missions completed, while at others you’ll require both missions and xp. Requirements for training at each tier are as follows:

Tier 1 (Boxes 02-05): xp and missions
    Tier 2 (Boxes 06-09): xp and missions
    Tier 3 (Boxes 10-13): missions only
    Tier 4 (Boxes 14-17): xp and missions
    Master Box (Box 18): two missions only. Once you train to 4444 (Box 17), xp does not matter for you. You do not have to grind the 7.5 million xp to reach master pilot. You must complete the two master missions, no matter what, to be a master pilot.

Changing Pilot Factions

To switch squadrons or if, for some reason, you need to restart your current squadron, follow these steps:

Make sure you have at least one open slot for your new starter ship.
    Go see the pilot recruiter for your faction. Not your trainer, but the recruiter. For instance, if you’re a Freelance Pilot, you’ll need to see Gil Burton in the Bestine hotel on Tatooine.
    “Resign” from your current pilots’ faction.
    Go see a faction recruiter (if needed) to quit your ground-based faction. [You must be a combatant and not “on leave” to resign from a ground faction.]
    You will need to start over with your new pilot squadron from scratch. Your space xp will be set to zero when you resign your pilot skills.
    NOTE: For each Pilot faction (Alliance, Imperial, and Freelance) that you master a squadron in, you will receive the “Previous Faction Master Bonus”. The maximum bonus is 3x, if you master at least one squadron from each faction. This bonus adds to the normal space combat experience you earn, for a total xp of:

1x/kill for 0 faction masteries
    2x/kill for 1 faction mastery
    3x/kill for 2 faction masteries
    4x/kill for 3 faction masteries
    You don’t get a bonus for each squad mastery, but for completing any of the three squads in a given faction. If you are switching factions, you will need to work off any negative faction you have in your newly chosen side before you can start on that faction’s pilot squadrons.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Grax.
  • Que
    Participant
    #2569 |

Amazon does have SWG for sale. Is just the basic starter kit ok? or do you need the expansion packs?

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2570 |

According to http://www.swglegends.com/play/ anything with Empire Divided, which I think was how the game was first known as. I think I have a set of pre-NGE (Combat Upgrades era) disks if I recall correctly.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2571 |

Funny though… I had SWG installation from 2008 in my laptop as I never got around ot remove it. Found it on january. All files are in there heh…

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2572 |

One thing for all who re-apply to SWG after a long break. One thing as the most annoying will probably be the login server flipping back and forth from Loading… -status to Online -status. Sometimes when you see it loading, a good chance nowdays is that it will go back online in matter of minutes. A good example from last night, I managed to log in three characters and soon after someone in discord went “#&%#/&¤# as the login server went to loading status right in front of his nose.

Devs will communicate the resets they will do through discord and the SwgL site forum. Two types of resets might take place on a very short notice, a quick one or something that takes 6 hours, although I suspect they adjust or erase something they changed in the code in that time… who knows.

The project is a privately finded thing, donations can be given although I don’t recommend it at this stage. If and when they pull it off and fix the game completely, then I will start dipping in a little. Keep in mind that as privately funded and FREE product, to a SWG fan the time spent in the server will probably be very much worth it or then again a person has outgrown the game and feel that login server problem and others will not make it feel worthwhile.

You find out by testing, friends, so go in there and have a good time 🙂

• Primordius
    Participant
    #2573 |

This topic need to be updated to Legends, heh. Still lots of problems with the semi-live server.

• Que
    Participant
    #2574 |

Just ordered SWG. Thanks to Amazon Prime I should get it Monday or Tuesday. May need a little help getting used to it. Never played it before.

• Grax
    Participant
    #2575 |

No problem there man I’m pretty much starting fresh myself lol. been having to use google to find some archived pages that jog my memory of all the stuff I forgot. Though there are some things that have changed since I last played so some of it is completely new while others I actually somewhat remember. At the moment the server is offline while they fix some structure bugs and find out where they vanished to. No eta on it atm but it should be back up by the time you get your disks.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2580 |

Que,
    Its pretty straight forward however its more open then SWTOR, where you have to really go explore and do the content out there. There is no big story like SWTOR, its more an open world of Star wars set between ANH and ROTJ

• Grax
    Participant
    #2581 |

I bet Darka is looking forward to wearing the snazy ithorian outfits again hehe

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2582 |

When you create a character you find yourself on the sand planet Tatooine. The galaxy is open from this point on but I would recommend getting familiar with the class by starting and doing the Legacy quest (quest name is Speeder for Me). It is a series of quests which takes the player through Tatooine, Naboo, Corellia and Talus. There are at least two missions taking place in space (Naboo & Corellia). From there a player might want to go to Kashyyyk and take care of troubles there. From there my memory fades so at this point a person might want to look at either Nym’s Themepark on Lok, or Meatlump gang missions on Corellia (their camps which a player goes to are located all around the galaxy). Combat Termina missions can be done at any time as they scale with character level but I would say those are not needed as long as there are quests. Overlevel yourself and… sleepfest begins.

Mustafar is the final planet during the leveling, after which the endgame begins with 5 or 6 heroics (8 man groups) plus the old instances from Corvette to HK-47’s Droid Army. You get to kill HK-47 at long last.

Server has had somekind of xp buff running because I became overlevel without any Entertainer given Xp buffs right off the bat, on Tatooine. But it is up to the player to get the buff of course, although questing as a group might be much much more fun. But keep in mind that it might not be challenging as the Legacy content was balanced for an unbuffed single player combat class. A buffed solo char will still die here and there, I’ve died a fiew times for being too greedy with aggro and being overconfident in me being overlevel. Ten low level enemies will still kill the player in 15 seconds in half occasions 🙂

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2583 |

Yeah Darka will be having an Ithorian since SWG has no kissing scenes 😀

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2584 |

I wanna see how close i can get my toon to the original Darka!

• Que
    Participant
    #2585 |

So I installed SWG and downloaded the 6 files as SWG:Legends said. What next? It says copy them to Star Wars Galaxies/SWG Legends.
    My directories are:
    Program Files (x86) / Sony / Station / Launchpad

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2586 |

The guide is normally pretty good, i would have to read it to see, but i am at work right now!

• Primordius
      Participant
      #2588 |

Well for one forget about that sony Launchpad. I had done my install when they had a working Legends launcher before they changed to the manual download. But after reading the guide I am guessing you should copy the original installation ( Program Files (x86) / StarWarsGalaxies ) to a new location “never use original location this might cause problems and nice to have the original backup” to say ( c: / games / swglegends ) for example then unpack the Legends files to that directory. After that then edit the user.cfg with the login server as per the installation webpage and manually run the swgclient_r.exe to play the game.

(Just read thier website more drama with admins and staff they really need to stop letting these douche bags be part of the project, much alone letting old problematic staff they know to be unreliable back in, … sigh and anyone they know or is some how tied to is doomed for more failure.)

We shall see how long til they can fix this one and what drama will unfold next…

• Que
    Participant
    #2591 |

So far, I’ve figured out how to get the game going. Hopefully, the game will be back online soon. How do you register? When I started the game I get a logon screen. There seems to be no “register” or “New Client” choice. Couldn’t find anything on the website.

• Primordius
    Participant
    #2592 |

You just need an account on their website/forums, and use that for the login.

• Que
    Participant
    #2594 |

Registration has been disabled. Hopefully they enable it after the update.

• Que
    Participant
    #2601 |

Finally able to get SWG working. Logged on to FarStar server. Ran around Mos Isley for a while. I still have no idea what I’m doing. I’m going to play around with it again tonight.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2602 |

There are a lot of EMU, we need to make sure we are all on the same one.
    Yeah SWG can be a bit over whelming and it did put many people off, but I bet i still know my way around Eisley lol

• Que
    Participant
    #2603 |

Don’t know enough about all the servers. Farstar was the first one I was actually able to get on. I have nothing to compare it to. Ill go with what everyone decides.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2604 |

Is legends currently working?

• Que
    Participant
    #2605 |

The website says it’s online, but I haven’t been able to log on. The new server address is:
    loginServerAddress=149.56.159.182

• Que
    Participant
    #2606 |

Was able to log into SWG Legends. It seems I had a typo in my user.cfg file. In other words Legends is working.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2607 |

Will go through the process for set up again this weekend

• Que
    Participant
    #2608 |

Interesting game. I’m starting to find my way around Mos Eisley.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2609 |

There is a lot more control in the hands of the player with regards to what they can do, you can pretty much go where you want and do what you want.
    Some of the old cities are nice to explore, at at one time just about every city and cantina was full of players, each city used to have guilds that congregated there.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2610 |

Hmmm so finally got around to updating it all, and seems the server doesnt connect, guessing its down right now >.< Anything else I need to know going forward?

• Que
    Participant
    #2611 |

Remember they changed the login address. I wasted a whole day before finding this.

User.cfg file now needs to be:

[SwgClient]
    allowMultipleInstances=true

[Station]
    subscriptionFeatures=1
    gameFeatures=65535

[ClientGame]

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2612 |

where do i add that?

• Que
    Participant
    #2613 |

In your main game folder (the same folder SwgClient_r is in).
    You should find user.cfg.
    Open it with a text editor.
    Replace loginServerAddress=login.swglegends.com
    with
    Then save it.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2615 |

Updated thread
    Let me know character names

• Que
    Participant
    #2616 |

Queccus Magnon

• Primordius
    Participant
    #2620 |

They didn’t change the server connect IP, they just do that when they break it and put up a temp test server. So still waiting for them to bring back up the “Live” server with the old database, no bluefrogs.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2621 |

Oh okay, well that can be changed easy enough.
    I know they dont have the frogs but did they still have the insta 90?

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2622 |

This is very awkward… as soon as I posted you guys about trying out a well-enough working game, lead dev has to leave and things happen, making the server unavailable for a few weeks. Recently the next lead dev and his team are testing it all again in alpha, yesterday I got message that they started testing the Omega (main real server without frogs, the actual game) again.

Been playing the game for a month or two with bearable stability so all seemed fine. Apologies for this, unforseeable events took place.

If we are patient, they will be able to bring Omega back up online some day.

Character name I use for main is DeBelem in-game plus two crafters.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2623 |

[quote quote=2621]Oh okay, well that can be changed easy enough.
    I know they dont have the frogs but did they still have the insta 90?[/quote]

When you log in and get the veteran reward claim window, there is the holocron of knowledge which is one time / account only. Make sure you are logged in to the right character before you claim it, it is a No-Trade item…

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2624 |

[quote quote=2584]I wanna see how close i can get my toon to the original Darka![/quote]

Will you be making the original Mokon, the Mon Calamari? Perhaps make your icon char, Mokon as Ithorian? 🙂

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2625 |

Oh by the way, if you plan to make crafter char, the racial attributes are different. So a Bothan will have that immense luck bonus and thus would make an easier crafter and reverse engineer.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2626 |

All good, life happens!
    We cant hold that against anyone!
    I was looking at old screenies seeing what I could do, its just trying to get the right colour for the tattoos, and find an Image designer for the hair, lol

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2629 |

Update on Omega, they are almost done with testing. Launch inculdes several good bonuses for xp, hand sampling and others, plus Restuss blowup event which at long last turns it to what it was like during the Live – entering the zone will automatically turn a factional player to Special Forces mode = PvP. It seems to have three phases like it used to, from 1 to 3.

Read more about the announcement at:
    https://www.swglegends.com/forums/showthread.php?5574-Project-Update-6-2-2016&p=54404#post54404

And a good reminder what the Restuss event means:
    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Restuss

Darka, Deb can respec to entertainer at somepoint, is already at max level. With the coming xp bonus, it took a few hours to macro from lv1 to lv90. I am not sure what each char was doing at the chosen rollback point but once I am more comfortable with respeccing to Ent, I will do so if you still require the service 🙂

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2630 |

I should have some Darka character pics in my library, I’ll look at some before we do the ID. Should help the ID process when we both know what we are looking for.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2631 |

I think i done my hair when i had two accounts in live lol, alt tab from one to te other haha

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2632 |

Hmmmm I thought the server was back up again?

• Que
    Participant
    #2633 |

Must be my timing. I still haven’t been able to log into legends. The test server is still working though.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2634 |

Guess ill try the test center again

• Que
    Participant
    #2637 |

Omega Re-launch – 06/13/2016

by Sunwaver in Announcements on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:00:51 GMT

Hello Legends!

It’s been a tough month for the team, but we’ve survived and are excited to announce the re-launch of our Omega live server! Omega will open back up to the public on June 13, 2016 at 1 AM PST (4 AM EST). Omega’s rollback will not be as severe as we had once thought either, we will be using a restoration point from May 7th. You will experience a slight rollback from when the server went down for maintenance. Player cities should work correctly, however if you find that there is anything missing from your city (Garages, gardens, banks, etc) please submit a ticket and your property will be either restored or reimbursed.

In celebration of our relaunch there will be a weeklong XP event! This will include double XP, GCW, GCW tokens, duty mission tokens, chronicles tokens, and harvester extraction rates. In conjunction with our XP event, Legends’ staff will host two other events, one being a pod racing event, and the other being a PvE event in which players will raid a dungeon. Both events will include some pretty cool items for participants. More details about our events to come as we get closer to the weekend.

We would like to note that at this time, Community staff have purged all previous tickets from our Support Services forum. We have done so because the majority of the tickets were outdated and some issues are no longer relevant. We have archived important tickets that have to do with missing items. If you have any new or recurring issues, please know that you will have submit a new ticket.

May the force be with you… Always.

-SWG: Legends Staff

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2638 |

Excellent, back up and running on the 13th!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Darka.
  • Que
    Participant
    #2659 |

Had to create new characters for the Omega server.
    Quecmas Magnon
    Quector Magnon
    Let’s see how long the server lasts.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2662 |

I thought the Holocron granted you 90? i * seemed to get to 50 >.<

• Que
    Participant
    #2663 |

Development Update: 06/17/2016

by Dark in Announcements on Fri, 17 Jun 2016 23:02:00 GMT

Changes to the Server Environment:

•Server now runs on Linux for increased stability.
    •Two virtual machines for running live and test servers.
    •Login server is now separate from game server to increase stability and help against DDOS attacks.
    •Server now sends connection data to the server status on website, automating the process.

Current Features:

•Experience Bonus for 2X.
    •Harvester Extraction Bonus for 2X.
    •GCW Points Bonus for 2X.
    •GCW Tokens Bonus for 2X.
    •Chronicler Experience Bonus for 2X.
    •Chronicler Gold Tokens Bonus for 2X.
    •Chronicler Silver Tokens Bonus for 2X.
    •Holocron of Knowledge – granting one character a free level 90.
    •Added Buddy Token to Veteran Rewards.
    •Added Deluxe Sarlacc Trashcan to Vet Rewards.
    •Added Flight of the Veteran Instant Travel Terminal as 78 Month Vet Reward.

Upcoming Features:

•Pod Racer Event – TBA
    •Dungeon Event – TBA
    •Battle of Restuss – TBA
    •TCG Reward Inclusions – TBA

Issues Fixed:

•Restored missing city buildings (City Halls, Cloning Facilities, Banks, Shuttle Ports).
    •Fixed an issue requiring a reset every 5.5 hours.
    •Fixed issue that caused server to be full after 200 connections.
    •Fixed issue with sending and receiving tells.
    •Fixed problems with vendors.
    •Fixed Issue with the Holocron of Knowledge only raising character to level 50.
    •Fixed missing characters.
    •Fixed bazaar problem with deleting purchased items.
    •Temp Fix for issue with the White Thranta Payroll Terminal (It is spawned at the entrance OUTSIDE the building
    •Temp fix for Morkov. (He is spawned outside the building he would usually be in).

Fixes Under Testing:

•Elder Buff
    •Jedi Guardian Jewelry
    •Space Escort Missions
    •30K Resource Deed
    •NPC persistence to get NPCS back in the buildings they belong

• Que
    Participant
    #2664 |

Right now I’m stuck on the quest “Shipping Out” can’t find Brok anywhere.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2665 |

I have been looking for you but havent seen you, I could help out maybe

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2667 |

Anyone keen to meet up and do some questing?

• Que
    Participant
    #2668 |

I’ve got:
    Quecmas 12 bounty hunter
    Quector 16 smuggler

I haven’t used the holocron yet. Still learning from the ground up.
    What would be the best times?

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2669 |

I have a 16 smuggler aswell, we can do the legacy quest series together
    You still working late nights?

Or we could look at Saturday night USEST

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2671 |

An essential tool
    The SWG Wiki
    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/SWG_Wiki

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2672 |

SWG Discord
    https://discordapp.com/invite/0ovfhDaxdbQfjmk9

Its a handy App with many players on there

Join the Defender Discord
    https://discord.gg/0kSi66pnNRf9WX8D

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2673 |

Use this link for discord
    https://discord.gg/bc9Ff3P

• Que
    Participant
    #2674 |

Where are the markets at? Getting enough credits and junk to sell, but no markets.

• Que
    Participant
    #2675 |

Never mind. I found one. Now I just need to figure out how crafting works in this game.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2676 |

Talk to Grax, he is good at the crafting side of things

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2678 |

Back on and off myself as well. Time has been scarce with this family stuff, been playing some other games which can be paused heh…

I checked the SWGL project again and they are doing good work, bazaars and vendors are working and the loading server problem doesn’t happen or exist at all. Even space is up and working apart from one mission said Lipocap. Any who want to have a go at the game, this is the time to start 🙂

• Primordius
    Participant
    #2680 |

At what kind of times do you play.. I am CST but not sure what the server is EST maybe?

In Game Char:
    Preying Mordeus – BH LvL 30 (Doing Legacy saving lvl up reward for later).

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2682 |

I jump on when I can normally late nights, but ill d a search for you see if you are on

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2710 |

So I have been leaning more towards Stella Bellum then Legends recently, Stella has less resets, seems more stable, and i feel has less risk of imploding in drama
    I know Grax is on it to, anyone else got an account there?

• Primordius
    Participant
    #2815 |

http://www.swgemu.com

Update – Publish 9: Secrets of the Force, Redux

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2816 |

Heard SWGEMU had some changes coming

• Darka
    Keymaster
  • Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2831 |

Keep an eye on it bossman, maybe someday it’ll have the lure of the right size eh 🙂

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2832 |

Saved all the info from it for future use

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2834 |

So, Yeah,
    Lets do this!

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2838 |

Hopefully this weekend we can get on

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2841 |

We have an event, 4pm EST Mos Taike Cantina March 16 2019!

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2842 |

We have an event, 4pm EST Mos Taike Cantina March 16 2019!

• Darka
    Keymaster
  • Primordius
    Participant
    #2844 |

http://www.swgemu.com

Update – Publish 10: The Rise of Galaxies

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.