• Ev
    Keymaster
    #1075 |

We’ve had a lot of interest lately on getting a second team going.

So here’s what’s up. This would be fantastic for everyone, but organization is the single biggest killer for raiding groups. So you need to get 4 things.

1. List of people/characters and the role you’re going to play (mains only, please. SUPER IMPORTANT.)

2. Choose a leader (A good leader can make or break a team. preferably you need someone who is willing to study the fights and can bring together people consistently)

3. RAID TIME. You need to work out exactly when and how long you are willing to raid. Cannot state how important it is you are honest here.

4. What type of raiding you are doing! We all want to beat nightmare, but you have to be realistic about the time and effort commitment you have to put into getting there. If that’s not appealing, start a SM group! You can work at whatever pace you please. Just don’t be upset if someone would prefer to be doing HM’s rather than story.

The Mountain Goats and officers will do everything we can to help, but in the end this is your rodeo. The biggest thing to remember is that consistency is the most important part of raiding. The more you work with a team, the better you’ll get, and the more fun you end up having. And remember, we do this for fun.

• Christian
    Participant
    #1077 |

I would like to go on Searlait as tank, barring that Neala as DPS. both are about the same on gear.

• Que
    Participant
    #1078 |

Depending on the time. Que is ready.
    Ducky is recruiting on teamspeak for a group.

• Mike J
    Participant
    #1079 |

Knightrider Sage Heals

• Pippa
    Keymaster
    #1081 |

Hi I am game on Pippa (Tank) or Lessa (Heals) Though I would prefer Pippa at this point.

• Armor
    Participant
    #1082 |

Hi I am available for what ever that is needed considering I am already on a prog team I will be backup but will try to make as much as possible since I am in college its just some times that I wont be able to make it. I am here if needed for any role

• Tala’drim
    Participant
    #1083 |

Just let me know what role you need filled.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #1084 |

Ill be back in a couple of months ( money is very tight currently) and can help out then

• Gar
    Participant
    #1085 |

I would like to sign up GARSM

• Grax
    Participant
    #1086 |

I would like to sign up for graxul sawbones smuggler since I’m not in a progression team yet.

• Ev
    Keymaster
    #1087 |

Well the interest is definitely here, now it’s time for you guys to get organized.

Sounds like Ducky was interested in leading, but this is something you need to work out yourself. I highly, HIGHLY recommend 8m content. It’s much easier to coordinate times, and much easier to deal with mechanics.

Right now you have:

Tanks: Irish, Pippa, Mike, Ducky
    DPS: Irish, Que, Armor, Mike, Darka, Charlie, Matt, Xi
    Heals: Grax, Mike (Power), Pippa, Gar, Ducky, Charlie

You alllmost have enough for two teams (a good opportunity to recruit, for that matter). I will not interject what I would think would work, that is up to you to work out amongst yourself. Just make sure to take notes on that, and remember it can sometimes be a pure question of fit with each other. We all like each other (except rail), so no need to make anything personal!

• Que
    Participant
    #1088 |

The new raid team (according to Ducky) starts this coming Sunday 8/31/14. at 9:00 EST.
    I also know Hash wants to join too.
    It looks like we may have a team.
    We need a name.

Also check out the thread about groups in the forum.

• Ev
    Keymaster
    #1090 |

Remember to talk out what your goal is, and how much time you want to dedicate to it. Is it NIM before they up the cap? Are you willing to put 2 hours of wipes in? 4?

• Que
    Participant
    #1091 |

LOL EV..
    I remember when the guild first started doing Ops..At that time we were doing weeks of wipes not just 2 or 4 hours. From the looks of the members that want to join, we have at least half with ops experience. The guild also has a lot of members that can help, even if it’s moral support.

• Pippa
    Keymaster
    #1092 |

On Ducky’s behalf I am speaking up. (for now until I can remember to remind him to sign up for the site) We are planning on meeting @ 9 p.m. EDT on Sunday. We want everyone who is interested to show up so that we can see who is interested and maybe even get 2 teams going. If someone with the power to change the announcement in game could let everyone know that would be great.

• Ev
    Keymaster
    #1093 |

We had a good suggestion from Ferrian who runs with Army of Light. When they have a raid group with more than 8 players, they set up a rotation to get people in and out. Just a suggestion. Still your guy’s show.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.