• Stivius
    Participant
    #1203 |

So yeah from the grand-daddy of space flight combat trading sims comes this. Anyone playing atm? Beta3 runs till 22nd/11/14 and launch is 16/12/14.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1204 |

Heyas Stiv,

Will buy the game once it is out. Unfortunately I don’t have time for betas currently. The game sounds amazing though, looks good too.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #1205 |

never even heard of it
    ill you tube it

• Stivius
    Participant
    #1206 |

It’s pretty good from what i’ve played so far, played this series from the old BBC Micro day’s. gotta a pretty steep learning curve

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1208 |

David Braben’s Elite from the old Commodore 64 was my first time with space trading/combat sims. It had a good fugitive system in it too, could upgrade ship parts and add guns to other sides of the ship. Classical music plays during autopilot landing procedure.

Frontier: FIrst Encounters (1995) was the next Elite game I played. Played it quite a bit.

Google for Elite gameplay to see where it all started, even for EvE Online. Yes, a source of inspiration for EvE Online devs.

• Stivius
    Participant
    #1240 |

http://www.elitedangerous.com/
    Midday gmt for launch if anyones picking it up add me to your friends list (and solo play to outfit your ship they didn’t do a wipe after the final bugbash so some have a fairly large advantage

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1241 |

Bought the game, name in-game is Shambo.

• Stivius
    Participant
    #1247 |

Added you Debellem you going Fed, Imp or Indy?

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1248 |

I don’t know the factions that well yet. I will be fighting against slavery, dictators and oppression, no matter which flag they fly under.

Got to check out the background lore a bit more. Home system was in 3447, but it will have to be somewhere else because the closing-in time towards that station takes several minutes which is ridiculous. The worst thing which makes co op stuff impossible, perhaps due to lack of skill or equipment, is the lack of possibility to form a squad / wing with buddies. It is supposed to be available after new year.

So far, liking the game. Due to work however, I am tad to sleepy to do trucker work. Cannot count how many times I have passed by a system in cruise mode heh… hunting pirates at asteroid belt was fun but I STILL dont understand why the fecking feds got angry at me. I shot 3 or 4 NPCs who’s status was ‘wanted’. Then all of a sudden, feds turned red on radar and started blasting my Sidewinder apart. I swear all my shots hit the pirates. I got away, but a while after a bountyhunting scumbag decided to attack whom I ofcourse drilled full of holes… which of course had to add 4000 creds more to my bounty. I managed to get to a fed station a short while after, where I paid all my debts and fines and was left with 600 damn creds in wallet. So much for helping out the feds against pirates.

If there is no clear reason why that happened, I will turn against feds and kill them all as well as pirates.

Time will tell how the captain’s log will turn out, will it be something to make a of book when retiring, or will it be full of stories not fit for children to read.

• Stivius
    Participant
    #1251 |

Yeah that sucks the System Authorities are prone to flying straight into your line of fire. Make sure you turn off the trigger activating hard points i kept hitting it in stations and getting huge fines for my trouble.

• Stivius
    Participant
    #1253 |

Kinda got setup in a kill pirate mission, was really one system faction trying to put down another, turned out the client lied the target was Fed affiliated and once i took two of them out a bunch of fed ships pounced on me. With no time to charge up my FSD and leg it i was forced to fight the bit out. So my contract for 15k cost me 30K extra in bounties and fines. This game gets better every time i play.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1255 |

Learned something new stuff… one thing is an oddity and might apply in what you describe and also what happened to me:

Whatever the police faction, if the bandit is of the same faction (has wanted price on his head), if you kill it the cops will turn against you after the deed. Makes no sense. Cure is to jump out of the place without shooting the police faction ships at all and come right back. All is forgotten and you can continue.

The contacts panel to your left shows more information about the targeted vehicle, if in doubt, check the panel before firing.

• Stivius
    Participant
    #1257 |

I seen some people saying if they’re wanted but still faction aligned the authorities turn on you. Still its early days and it could just be a bug. This game has highlighted my need for a 3 screen setup or an oculus rift once its released. I could use the free smartphone head tracking app but i’d like to hold onto that last shred of dignity you know.

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #1258 |

Use a webcam head tracker program, it looked neat. No personal experiece but youtube for it. Seemed to work nicely in Elite Dangerous.

• Stivius
    Participant
    #1340 |

Gone communist been trying to get allied with a few communist systems, and as a bonus i’m by default in the Alliance against the Decadent Federation and the Evil Empire.

• Stivius
    Participant
    #2818 |

Anyone playing this?

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2819 |

Dp you remember Srafa from SWG? he plays this!

• Baron DeBelleme
    Participant
    #2827 |

This is an entertaining game, but too much of a grind and I always liked the big ships. I might get working on it later on in life. Then again, if there was a good team of people to do stuff with and of course a working co-op feature (squadron), I would be more interested. Perhaps there is one nowdays, I haven’t checked very recently.

• Darka
    Keymaster
    #2829 |

I have looked at it, but never picked it up

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.